The first step to getting your site online and to get better rankings in Google is to submit your URL to search engines. An example of an URL is www.yoursite.com. Eventually the search engines will find your site but this will help expedite the process.
Once you submit your URL, it could take several days, weeks, or months for the search engines to index your page(s). Results may vary so don’t write this in stone. Factors such as other websites pointing to your site can affect this time as well.
Submit your URL to Google:
1. Go to the following link: http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl
2. Sign in to your Google account (i.e. Gmail)
3. Type in your URL, example: http://www.yoursite.com
4. Enter the captcha text shown in the box
5. Select “Add URL”
Submit your URL to Bing:
1. Go to the following link: http://www.bing.com/docs/submit.aspx
2. Type in your URL, example: http://www.yoursite.com
3. Enter the captcha text shown in the box
4. Select “Submit URL”
Submit your URL to Yahoo:
**UPDATED NOVEMBER 2012**
1. Go to the following link: http://search.yahoo.com/info/submit.html
2. Click on “Submit Your Site for Free”
3. You will be redirected to Bing. Follow the on-screen instructions for submitting your URL.
Submit your Sitemap to Ask:
**UPDATED AUGUST 2016**
Ask does not have an URL submit feature. Until recently, you could submit your sitemap to them. But Ask.com has now retired this feature and says they will be crawling sites instead. So, the next best thing is to add a directive in your robots.txt file that specifies auto-discovery of the XML sitemap.
SITEMAP: www.smsranjish.com of your sitemap here.xml
The sitemap location should be the full sitemap URL.
That’s it! Once you complete the above steps, just sit back and be patient. It takes time for the search engines to index your pages. If you submit more than once, some search engines may consider this spamming which could result in not indexing your site at all.
305 total views, 1 views today